Fight against illegal easter chicks!

I feel like dying them is not humane, and they get thrown away because people dont realize how much work chickens are to take care of
But dying them is not inhumane. It doesn't hurt them or cause them difficulty living just because they're a pink or blue chick. It can be quite useful even when sorting chicks

And people that don't realize they're a lot of work buy them even unrelated to Easter

But dying them is not inhumane. It doesn't hurt them or cause them difficulty living just because they're a pink or blue chick. It can be quite useful even when sorting chicks

And people that don't realize they're a lot of work buy them even unrelated to Easter
rooster also get abandoned on the side of the road if they cant keep it.

I've seen so many videos where a spontaneous trip to the feed store results in a surprise duckling or chick (usually just a single one) being taken home, completely unprepared to help it live. I think that at the very least, feed stores should raise the minimum amount of birds allowed to (maybe) help deter impulse buys. I think most people actually preparing to take home chicks or ducklings get at least three anyways because they are aware that two could turn into one, and a lone chick is never ideal. Sorry, I'm kind of just rambling. Thank you for trying to spread awareness @PippinTheChicken!

Yes of course, but unfortunately that can't be blamed on dyed chicks.
I am mostly neutral when it comes to easter chicks, but I think there should be a separate thread on abandoning chicks on the side of the road. An alternative would be giving them away to a neighbor, or a person who could take proper care of it. They could also put it up for adoption or sell it. People do not talk enough about this problem.

Back
Top Bottom