Fighting back -- with humour.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by texasgal, Apr 7, 2011.

1. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Ever heard of tree peeple?

Well, we have VERY nosy neighbors in our neighborhood.. a couple in particular. When we built, we left 50-60 ft in the front untouched .. which provides us with a pretty good barrier from looky-loos .. except for a couple places where the woods are a little thin.

These nosy folks will drive (cars or golf carts), ride bikes, or walk down the street and slow down, craning their necks in our direction, looking for whatever we must be doing on our own property. We sit on the porch and laugh ..

so the other day I said to DH "We really should buy some tree peeple and put them up so they are LOOKING BACK at the LOOKY-LOOS ..

So we did.

Meet Simon:

[​IMG]

and Ol' Man Winter

[​IMG]

We are going to put them up this weekend .. just inside the tree line .. in the thinner spots .. looking out toward the road...

The only thing missing is a game cam so we can catch their reactions ..

I hope they are smart enough to understand the humour .... and the HINT ....

2. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I like this! Great idea! I'd be tempted to sit outside and just watch for reactions!

I have kind of a caustic side....and I'd have been looking for one that came with a special "single-finger" greeting! LOL

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:I wanted one with a tongue sticking out .. [​IMG] oh well, I guess we can't have everything, huh? [​IMG]

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Oh I love this!! What about painting the faces?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by