Fighting Roosters & Pinless Peepers

You'd need hundreds for a viable 'test'....but you know that.
I have hatched several small batches of 'torpedo eggs'. Approx. 50/50 ratio male/female.

Yep, not only hundreds of eggs but also many many different hatches to take into account any variables there to get a statistically relevant sample. Hatches by different broodies and hatches by different incubator, take out all the variables you can. Sounds like you've had fun playing with it too.

Yep, not only hundreds of eggs but also many many different hatches to take into account any variables there to get a statistically relevant sample. Hatches by different broodies and hatches by different incubator, take out all the variables you can. Sounds like you've had fun playing with it too.
Probably depends on the breed my polish has some really pointy eggs of course I've never hatch them she does have more round one though it fun to guess
🐔

Nah, just happened to want to hatch her eggs(only blues at the time) which just happened to be 'pointy'.
The 'wives tales' crack me up.
On mothereath.com they have a article on sexing with eggs thought it was interesting there is a reason for wise tales people study their own interests and learn from it sorry but I picked all 7 hen by putting their feet between my fingers and turning them upside down the roos always try to right themselves
🐔

@keesmom have you tried to sort your eggs by pointy or round? I did once, I was going to test that just for fun. But I had trouble telling if half my eggs were round or pointy. I couldn't get enough of clearly either round or pointy to fill up the incubator.
I did try once, on a small scale. Seven eggs, 4 round and 3 pointy under some broodies. All 7 hatched. All 7 were cockerels.

At the same time I had a bunch of round, pointy and normal eggs in the incubator. Most hatched, and 80% cockerels. I quit for the season after that.

That old wives tale has been around since the ancient Greeks but it keeps changing. Sometimes the pointy ones are supposed to be boys and sometimes the round ones are. You know what? Both are right half the time.

@keesmom have you tried to sort your eggs by pointy or round? I did once, I was going to test that just for fun. But I had trouble telling if half my eggs were round or pointy. I couldn't get enough of clearly either round or pointy to fill up the incubator.

'round here always heard the pointy was males. I've never done any pure scientific testing but I'm pretty sure in my 40 years I've seen just as many pointy produce hens as I've seen round produce roosters. Frankly I think more to it if I'm wanting a rooster I have better chances of hatching out nothing but hens.

'round here always heard the pointy was males. I've never done any pure scientific testing but I'm pretty sure in my 40 years I've seen just as many pointy produce hens as I've seen round produce roosters. Frankly I think more to it if I'm wanting a rooster I have better chances of hatching out nothing but hens.
Do you want a bunch of roosters or do you just have a big heart
I wanted you to read this about sexing eggs it's not the shape it's the degrees it's at fresh egg daily the secret to hatching hens not roosters just in case you want to give it a go let me know

Frankly I think more to it if I'm wanting a rooster I have better chances of hatching out nothing but hens.
:gig That's for sure!

I wanted you to read this about sexing eggs it's not the shape it's the degrees it's at fresh egg daily the secret to hatching hens not roosters just in case you want to give it a go let me know
Ehhh...that's a bit a fallacy too.
Supposedly certain temps kill off the 'male eggs' so they don't develop,
don't think it's been proven tho.

:gig That's for sure!

Ehhh...that's a bit a fallacy too.
Supposedly certain temps kill off the 'male eggs' so they don't develop,
don't think it's been proven tho.
I don't hatch eggs but if I did I would probably try it just to see I think it interesting

Back
Top Bottom