Fighting the urge!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by rmh0508, Dec 19, 2011.

1. rmh0508

rmh0508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Engadine, MI
    To buy more chicks!!!! So I kinda know what I want and how many and I have been window shopping now I am trying to stop myself from hitting that "add to shopping cart" button for a couple more months [​IMG] If any of you are in the U.P. of MI when is the best time to order? I have plenty of room in the basement so brooding them is not a problem but I would like to have them out in the "chickie" coop by the time they are a month old. I was thinkin Late Feb to mid March, does this sound about right?

2. carladababe

carladababe Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Dixon, Missouri
    I got my chicks in late February, I live in Missouri. I kept them, 11 of them, inside for about 8 weeks because it was just to cold to try and keep them outside. I could have gotten them later, but this way we got eggs much earlier. [​IMG]

3. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I don't like waiting...that is why I eat cookie-dough

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:I agree. I think you could order them but I think it would be to cold to put them out at a month old. I am originally from Northern L.P. of Mi.

5. idispatch4911

idispatch4911 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Quote:EXACTLY!!! I just got my order of 11 pullet chicks +9 peanuts. I dont like waiting for eggs either. We're a few months ahead of the "spring chicks" game!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by