Fighting-why?

Hannabrese

Hatching
Sep 22, 2021
Please help my 2 female white broad breasted turkeys have been fighting on and off for days they were raised together since early June, what’s happening? They are free range and 1 turkey just won’t stop with the bullying even though the other looks like she has submitted?

Fir
Please help my 2 female white broad breasted turkeys have been fighting on and off for days they were raised together since early June, what’s happening? They are free range and 1 turkey just won’t stop with the bullying even though the other looks like she has submitted?
find out what they are fighting for, usually its for a reason. Is there enough females - male turkies? That could be a reason. Also, make sure theres enough room and stuff, i think turkies can fight to the death, so you might want to consider seperating it a bit, sorry this wasnt to much of help. :(

This is normal. As they grow up they go through periods of pecking order adjustment. The more you interfere, the longer it will take them to settle their differences. It also tends to reoccur every breeding season.

They have to work it out on their own.

Back
Top Bottom