• Roosters

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Honken

Hatching
Oct 16, 2019
I had 2 birds 2 months old fight today. It was pretty violent and this one was very bloody. The other one is the same age but twice the size.

Attachments

• 20191016_175335.jpg
    20191016_175335.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 24
I had 2 birds 2 months old fight today. It was pretty violent and this one was very bloody. The other one is the same age but twice the size.
Roosters tend to fight depending on a number of factors. Sometimes two roosters are okay and don't fight at all. Sometimes their scuffs are as minor as chest-bumping. In your case, definitely separate them and clean up the poor fella. Beyond that, hopefully others on this site can assist.
And hopefully no one is rude about your situation.

I was told multiple times to eat my bird (but I don't eat poultry and I don't like that option for myself and my birds). My situation was peacefully resolved with a bit of work but your case looks more severe.

Roosters tend to fight depending on a number of factors. Sometimes two roosters are okay and don't fight at all. Sometimes their scuffs are as minor as chest-bumping. In your case, definitely separate them and clean up the poor fella. Beyond that, hopefully others on this site can assist.

I was told multiple times to eat my bird (but I don't eat poultry and I don't like that option for myself and my birds). My situation was peacefully resolved with a bit of work but your case looks more severe.

This is the second bird. I am new to determing hen or rooster. I put the red one with my 2 roosters and they seemed to think in was a hen or really desperate. Lol

Attachments

• 20191016_180716.jpg
    20191016_180716.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20191016_180716.jpg
    20191016_180716.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 15

At 2 months, the birds are far from mature. Damage as shown is comparatively minor. I keep gamefowl that are far more inclined to do as shown and can sometimes do it when much younger. Damage with games much more likely to be lethal. I see it most in settings where there is no dominant and usually closer to adult male that will whip their butts even before real fighting starts. If fighting breaks out with a group without a much larger male to shut it down, then I usually install one taking care to make certain the larger male does not cause too much trouble himself. If suitable larger male is not available, then I separate the combatants so they can not reach each other but are still able to see and hear their foe(s). Battle mode will often pass in a day or so making so they can be re-introduced with little or no fighting. When they are still combative they produce very distinctive sounds you will learn very quickly to gauge when re-introduction will work, .......and not work.

The males and occasionally females cycle in and out of getting into battle royal mode. I have a group doing just that this evening. Their mother stopped clucking when these guys became 93 days post-hatch. They will be going to work with me tomorrow where I can moderate fighting or place their older brother close by.

Back
Top Bottom