Final tally 9/10 mutts! Ah designer chicks! Pics added

JanieMarie

Songster
14 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Georgetown, Minnesota
I see movement & hear peeping. And waiting... And waiting... And waiting... Patience!
big_smile.png
Gotta go work ground & combine beans. But my babies need me! So here we go again!!

Last edited:
Yea! 3 new black chicks from light brown eggs! 1 white chick from a white egg! 1 black chick from dark brown egg! 1 white and 1 olive egg pipped and I gotta go to work!!
barnie.gif
Just like my birthday without the bows!!

The chicks that are out are really banging around the unhatched eggs! Is this gonna harm them at all?

No they shouldnt hurt them, I take the hatched chicks out when they are about half dry !!!! Alot of people area agaist that, but ive never had a prob !!! They dry quicker in the brooder under a heat lamp..... That stops the chicks from banging the other eggs !!!!

CONGRATS ON THE BABIES !!!!!!!!!!

No, won't cause any harm.
smile.png

Not sure if you should take them out or leave them...never have done it before!
idunno.gif

Maybe all that moving around and peeping will encourage the little guy/girl to come out! I have heard that making peep noises works well!
thumbsup.gif

Good luck!
fl.gif
fl.gif

COME ON LITTLE FUZZIES!!!!!
ya.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Yes, the wait seems like FOREVER!!
th.gif
barnie.gif

Congrats on the new fuzzy butts!
love.gif
jumpy.gif

Just got home to 3 new little babies!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I just cant believe this!! The last dark brown egg has pipped too but nothing from the blue one yet. I ended up moving my 4 from the 1st hatch to a bigger brooder and moved the 5 that hatched last night to the smaller brooder. It seems to have caused noone any harm! So glad I did it!! Thanks everyone. They are all soo adorable!
love.gif
I have a veritable rainbow of little fuzzy butts!!
When I started this I figured if I got acouple or so that would be more than I could ask for with my total lack of experience. I owe it all to this site!! Thanks one and all!!

My DD and I were determined to catch them hatching last night so she set her alarm for 2, 4 and 6am and I set mine for 1, 3 and 5 am and we missed every one of them hatching!!
barnie.gif
Hows that for luck so Pics will have to wait till tomorrow cuz I gotta sleep! I'll probably be up for hours anyway cuz I could watch these guys endlessly!! They are sooo friendly!

Congrats on your new babies!
jumpy.gif
There is absolutely nothing better and more relaxing than sitting by the brooder watching newly hatched babies. ...oh, and posting pics for your friends on BYC to watch too.
wee.gif

Jody

Here are the 5 I woke up to this morn:
HPIM1092.jpg

Here they are now:
HPIM1094.jpg

Here are the 3 I came home to:
HPIM1097.jpg

And these are the 4 from my first batch:
HPIM1084b.jpg

Sorry bout the pic quality on this one but I couldn't resist. Do I have the makings of a good brooder here?!
HPIM1091.jpg

Back
Top Bottom