Finally a blue one

Joev1973

Songster
May 1, 2019
Hohenwald Tennessee
My Coop
My Coop
Got 20 hens last week 2 started laying this morning found 4 eggs including a blue one. They are piling up will have more than enough soon to keep all family & neighbors happy

20191215_104158.jpg
20191215_103819.jpg
20191215_104129.jpg

Got 20 hens last week 2 started laying this morning found 4 eggs including a blue one. They are piling up will have more than enough soon to keep all family & neighbors happy

View attachment 1981833 View attachment 1981834 View attachment 1981838
Oh, such beautiful colors! I've tried to vary my hens to get these different colors. My "breeding" program didn't turn out well. I ended up with 5 extra roosters I didn't want! I'm thinking in spring of buying chicks that will lay the colors I want! Don't tell my husband!!! Beautiful eggs you have, I'm jealous!! :clap

Are you washing the eggs? The birds do put a protective layer of bloom on the eggs when they lay them to help protect them from bacteria. Just curious as some of the eggs look wet and in one picture like they are laying on a wash cloth.
https://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2015/04/should-i-wash-my-chicken-eggs.html
It's holiday baking time.

The eggs had poop on them & my mother in law is eating them so.... As much as i would like to give her......oh never mind. Yes i washed the eggs

Oh, such beautiful colors! I've tried to vary my hens to get these different colors. My "breeding" program didn't turn out well. I ended up with 5 extra roosters I didn't want! I'm thinking in spring of buying chicks that will lay the colors I want! Don't tell my husband!!! Beautiful eggs you have, I'm jealous!! :clap

Murry Mcmurray sells whiting true blue & whiting true green.

They have (with me anyway) a 100% success rate buying sexed chicks. Every order for me has been perfect. They do however add extra birds for heat which are usually males but you will get every female you ordered.

I was upset they added extra male to my order but he grew into a big beautiful friendly rooster who wants to be near me when im outside. He crows as soon as he sees me & jumps in my arms. A german bielfelder.

20191024_135153.jpg

They have (with me anyway) a 100% success rate buying sexed chicks. Every order for me has been perfect. They do however add extra birds for heat which are usually males but you will get every female you ordered.

I was upset they added extra male to my order but he grew into a big beautiful friendly rooster who wants to be near me when im outside. He crows as soon as he sees me & jumps in my arms. A german bielfelder.

View attachment 1981921
That is beautiful. I had a cross beak female like that, that loved to be held. She would walk in front of me and wait for me to pick her up. If we were sitting she would jump into our lap. She was taken by a fox several months ago and I cried and still miss her so much. I still blame myself for letting her out but knew it was a risk.

View attachment 1981921
I have ordered from Murray McMurray more than once and have been disappointed both times. Last year they sent me all Red Stars when I ordered Red and Black. I ended up with only one Speckled Sussex when I ordered 3, etc. I did get a "free rare exotic chick" which was a Dark Brahma rooster, which I had to sell. I don't know why they send you a free rooster when you are ordering all females! That would indicate to me that you don't want any roosters! I had three chicks die because the post office didn't call us to go pick the chicks up. They kept them until the Postal Lady came and delivered them late in the afternoon. Not Murrays fault, but disappointing non the less. I think this spring I will try Meyer. I've heard good things about them. Or maybe I'll wait and get them at the feed store, although when I bought 2 pullets in the fall, one turned out to be a boy! No one gets it right 100% I suppose. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom