Finally a camera!pictures, and a question.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by thedoors5to1, Dec 29, 2009.

1. thedoors5to1

thedoors5to1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    these are my babies, Piper, the mallard colored runner, Lacy is the grey (blue) colored runner, Fawn & white is Cricket, Black is Eve, Brown (chocolate) is Elvis. two boys are Piper and Elvis Piper is about 5 monthes old, i hatched him from eggs from a guy on ebay, he was the only survivor, so i purchased the others from Natures hatchery, they are about 3 monthes old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here they all are running from me and the big bad camera, they were free ranging around the yard and thats their pen off to the back on the left. you can see the blue on Eve's wings and the green on Elvis's. Piper's green head has yet to come through all the way.
    [​IMG]
    this is thier pen and coop, they actually push through the red towel on thier coop door.
    my question is, do you think my baby Piper, the grey (mallard) runner is too skinny?(picture one for reference?) the others have recently gotten almost as big as him, yet they are all fatter. they graze more than him, but they all are fed greens weekly as i work in organic salad greenhouses and bring home greens for them...maybe he's more pure than them. not too sure. they also have access to scratch mixed with blue seal grower and egg maker crumbles.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Runners shouldn't be fat [​IMG]

Piper was the first one, yes? The one from the eggs?

The others look more like they are hatchery shaped.

For comparison:

Here's a standard looking runner:
    [​IMG]

Here's two "fat" runners:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope that helps.

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    My SApotacus was a FATT runner [​IMG]