finally...a colorful basket! please post yours too! i want more inspiration!

I am soooo ruined by my chickens. Gotta love the colors!
woot.gif

Sounds like your "Ameraucana"--isn't. But since you got it from MPC, I'm not surprised. I don't think there are any hatcheries that really sell Ameraucanas. Meyer hatchery has actually stopped calling theirs Ameraucanas and started calling them Easter Eggers, so good for them. I saw several catalogs this year that had "Not for 4-H" or "Not for Showing" next to the descriptions of their "Ameraucanas/Araucanas," so it's clear they know they're not selling the real thing. OTOH, that is a WONDERFUL egg!

I really need some Marans. grumble grumble grumble
oh i love these - you just need some white eggs for contrast in every basket, i have learned this one! And yes, def not a pure bred, though it looks the part aside from the egg color. I did mail them though, and they said they probably sent me the blue easter egger by mistake and credited me the difference, so not a bad result, since i LOVE the egg
big_smile.png

I have blue eggs in the incubator right now (pure White Ameraucana) so I will hopefully be able to add blue eggs to my basket this summer.

that is a stunning basket! who lays that gorgeous speckled minty green egg in the middle of the basket? And the brown speckled eggs? And the olive ones?? i want them all !
lol.png

Wow, those are all some beautiful baskets! I've dreamed of the colorful baskets since I started looking. My wife threw a wrench in to my breed plans when she decided she wanted Silkies. So, as it stands once they start laying, I'll be having two light brown layers from the Silkies and two brown layers from my Barred Rocks. Next weekend, I'll be getting some week-old Black Copper Marans and will add the dark brown. I definitely need to add some color to it. I have to get rid of my two dogs first, though, and then build a larger coop. The dogs are the biggest hangup, though.

Those were some classy photos you guys took, too. I would love to get original copies of both photos that Coop de Grille posted and WalkingOnSunshine's photo, minus the regular egg carton. That would be great to blow them up to 8"x10", frame them and put them above my sliding glass door to the porch!

Think if I showed my parents these pretty egg pictures, they'll let me get a few EE's this spring?
Worth a shot- the coop is emptier than it has ever been!

Back
Top Bottom