Finally! A Pip! HATCHED! PICS ADDED!

Cyn, my lt. brahma rooster bred with my red stars and one ee and my black australorp hatched a few of those eggs. The chickens are huge from those eggs and I chalked it up to the brahma? I am thinking now of breeding my giant blue cochins to my buff orps and see what I get? LOL Love that photo of that baby!!!
So cute, can't wait to see the rest of them.

The first Blue Orp is zipping right now, but sort of on the underside so I can't even see any color, just chips flying. Hopefully, it won't be too long. Guess I'm in for a long cold night. It's already about 12 degrees here.

Sounds like you're in for a good hatch. I hope in the spring I can hatch some of my own eggs. My Dark Brahma Roo should be old enough in the late spring. Besides the Brahma hens I thought I might cross him with some of my Cochins. I have both black and splash cochin hens.

any more hatch ? i have only the 6 so far moreing tring to come out though .. and im tried ... dont know how long ill stay up tonight .

It hatched! And dare I say it? It appears to be a splash! The other Blue Orp/Buff Brahma is zipping right now. One of the Barred Rock eggs seemed to me to be getting that dried out look so I told DH to get that out and pip it and sure enough, the baby was deceased. The other one is alive and moving, but the shell is looking weird-not sure how to describe it, but I just know when they start to look that way, that the chick is probably gone. My Lexie, the mother of these two eggs, has been going through an extended molt and I think her chicks' hatchability is suffering. Thank goodness one of my young BR girl's eggs are fertile now so I can send those to customers and keep Lexie's for eating, just till she gets her strength back.
I have several of her chicks in the nursery coop and ten of Kate's (helmstead) BR eggs in the bator as well as another of Lexie's and one of Mandy's so I'll have plenty.
So, I'll post pics when the baby fluffs out a little bit and you can tell me if it's a splash or just the lightest blue Orp I've ever hatched.

Congrats on the hatch!
jumpy.gif

Oh, Cyn...I do hope you've got a splash! But, as long as it's healthy, I'm thrilled for you! Goes without saying, it'll be gorgeous, as yours always are! Crossed fingers for the rest of your hatch!

YEAHHHHHHH! A possible splash for Speckledhen for herself! What a great thing. Best of luck during the drying out stage. I'm still rooting for a splash in your bunch of chicks.

Back
Top Bottom