FINALLY BABY PIX! My broody's FIRST hatch ever. :D IMAGE HEAVY

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HetaChick, Jan 7, 2012.

1. HetaChick

HetaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    California
    It's still a little chilly out but today (and yesterday) I took the chicks and Chicken outside for some baby adventures. I took Aiko out as well. Aiko is the smallest chick and only bantam (ShamoXOEGB) of the group. She was assisted out of the shell because she shrink wrapped when mama bird was too distracted by her other already hatched babies… she's being hand raised because I feared she'd be crushed by the rest since she started off really weak and couldn't walk well. She's perfectly fine now though. But after they knocked her into the water dish I felt a little more justified… plus mama Chicken steps on them a lot x.0 even though she's got plenty of room… ANYWAYS. PICS.
    [​IMG]

So gorgeous!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aiko
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was hard to take pictures because when I was taking pictures of the others I was holding Aiko, and when I took the pics of Aiko she wanted to be held and kept trying to cuddle with my hand. The last pic I just gave up and went in and held her for the pic. She's soooo cute! (I'm thinking it's a girl if i'm wrong 'her' name will be changed to Aidan) It was cold outside and well I don't want her getting cold… lol I'll get better pics are the chance arrives. They're all 4 days to 3 days old now.

2. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Oh cute cute cute = They are lovely !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oesdog - well done.

3. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    These pics are just to much. They make me want chicks so bad. They are just tooo cute. If you ever need a babysitter for Aiko I will babysit. [​IMG] I would spoil her even more. Thanks for sharing the pics and please take more as they grow.

Pattyhen

4. crossgirl

crossgirl Day Dream Believer

Mar 15, 2011
    Lakeland, FL
    They are absolutely adorable! :loveWhat a big hatch! I've got some the same age with a brahma momma too. Only mine's a banty and those aren't really her babies. Shhhh, dont' tell!

5. HetaChick

May 31, 2011
    California
    Thank you [​IMG]
    I'm glad you guys love my little babies!

Chicken: *glare*
    Me: OK OK OUR BABIES.
    Chicken:…>___>
    Me: I GOT YER DARN EGGS LADY!

…anyways….

Aiko… is VERY spoiled XD

I am so scared to leave her alone that I'll come back and find her dead or something, or I was when she was really weak. I've had the bird with me for about 48hours straight, I have the time to devote to her I won't have to go to school until she's quite a bit bigger. It's WAY extreme I know, but it's really no different than how the hen is. At least she's warm, well feed & watered, not lonely and not being stepped on… right? =<

6. HetaChick

May 31, 2011
    California
    Quote:These aren't her babies either. I don't have a rooster I got a dozen eggs from a friend. One wasn't fertile so I actually managed a 100% hatch [​IMG]

7. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Aaah-mazing pics! Nice job.

mm

8. Orpy Lady

Orpy Lady Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2009
    Oh what lovely little babies, can't wait for mine to hatch!!!

Sandy [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  9. bloom chicks

bloom chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    You have gorgous babies! congrats! Have to love the fuzzies!! [​IMG]

10. Nonny

Nonny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ow wow - those are some amazing pics and your mumma and babies are just gorgeous! <3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by