Finally butchering again

I'm having a big, dead tree taken down so there will be woodchips, but mainly I use pine straw in the run because it's free for the raking on my property.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the ground is like under the current run when we move the chickens to the new Chicken Palace once it's finished. I have to put it back to grass and I expect to see really AMAZING grass there next summer. :)
I'd suggest seeding clover. But I like clover more than grass. The white clover stays short while the red and crimson get a foot tall.

Yep, the grass and weeds will attack the fertile soil with a vengeance. Plant a garden! The tomatoes really like the soil.

I'd suggest seeding clover. But I like clover more than grass. The white clover stays short while the red and crimson get a foot tall.

Yep, the grass and weeds will attack the fertile soil with a vengeance. Plant a garden! The tomatoes really like the soil.

I have agreed with my husband to put that specific area back to grass. He has agreed with me to figure out how to convert the Outdoor Brooder to a tractor and run either meaties or grow-outs on the areas that are bare and unproductive.

And he will allow me to plant clover in the seed mix -- in part because he has a buddy who will put a beehive in our orchard once it's more established and do all the bee-tending without use having to mess with the bees. :D

Back
Top Bottom