Finally caught my Coon

Sublight

Songster
5 Years
Jun 2, 2016
Pensacola, FL
Well the easy part is done, the coon is in my trap. I saw in the trap on my way out the door. I put him in a safe place, out of the rain to await sentencing when I get home.
Im happy that my girls are safe again, but sad about what comes next. Ive never enjoyed killing something that Im not going to eat.

Coons live in extensive colonies that may include dozens of individuals. To trap, transport, and release a captive coon is perhaps the most barbaric kind of animal cruelty. Because when you do this you are forcing the coon to fight and whip every other coon in the forest.
Not only that but these fights spread the rabies virus. Further more released coons are highly likely to return to your property, only wiser about traps.

True, my grandmother fed the coons (we lived above a sanctuary) and sometimes the whole fam would show up whith 13 total. Over the years the family began to disapear (younger coons took over) the last One I saw was riddled whith mange, missing it's tail and some toes, it also had scars from some animal attack. Honestly I wouldn't force that on anything, a line coon is a sad sight. :( horrible but true, luckily there no chickens near our house.

Well the easy part is done, the coon is in my trap. I saw in the trap on my way out the door. I put him in a safe place, out of the rain to await sentencing when I get home.
Im happy that my girls are safe again, but sad about what comes next. Ive never enjoyed killing something that Im not going to eat.
Rofl the sentencing :lau:lau:lau

Right now there's a raccoon outside next to the window where I'm typing this, next to the live trap, not in it. Hope he climbs in there soon! Too close to the window to shoot, too close to the coop to ignore. UGH! Mary

No luck so far, although I haven't seen him recently. Must upgrade the bait, and go to the larger live trap! Not tonight, it's raining. Mary

The exterminators when I had 2 families of them move into my attic had to go to kill traps as they kept escaping from the live ones. Our city laws require a license to trap them.

Back
Top Bottom