Finally completely finished...

This forum has been an enormous help to me in my coop building journey....it is finally finished and the fluffers are in it. As I have posted before this coop started as a 50 year old barn/shed that my father in law built 50 plus years ago and as I was about to take it down when a lightbulb came on....CHICKENS!! So I began the rather lengthy and somewhat expensive task of rehabbing. Here are some of the features:

*Coop itself is 8x10 with hardware cloth on ceiling in the floor and in the walls...double walled with treated fence boards that I'll paint once they weather some more.
*Run is a 10x20 chain link with hardware cloth backing and a metal roof to keep everything dry(raked up some leaves for them to scratch in outside in the run)
*Coop and run combined have over 200 feet of hardware cloth on them....
*Poop boards/roost idea that came from this forum are 48 inches high, 24 inches wide and roosts are 8 inches from the bottom with PDZ in them
*Ventilation galore as recommended here...eaves, entire back wall as well as door and window into run area.
*Omlet auto door that seems to be working like a charm in the covered run.

It was quite a task that my wife is excited to finally see finished so I can move onto the honey do list...LOL

Thanks again to everyone who gave me some tips and pointers along the way!!!
Well done. I'm quite green with envy! It always pleases the other half when you can finally get the chucks out the guest bedroom doesn't it!😉

Well done. I'm quite green with envy! It always pleases the other half when you can finally get the chucks out the guest bedroom doesn't it!😉
Thanks!! I had them on my wife's sun porch/plant area. Once they started getting out and exploring her plants they had to go!! LOL They scratched potting soil everywhere and I had to clean it up since they were my "children" I told her as soon as my "children" started laying eggs those were going to be my eggs from my "children" :)

Back
Top Bottom