Finally decided to quit lurking

MissLillyBelle

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2019
Hi there,

I've benefited a ton from reading the forums here so I decided to make it official.

Have had chickens two different times, most recently starting 2 years ago when our neighbors moved and bequeathed us theirs.

Due to a recent possum attack, we have only one gold laced wyandotte (Rosie) at the moment and I'm in the decision making process of what to do next re: more chicken? ducks? How can we build a better coop to keep everyone safe? I figured this was a great resource to help me with these decisions.

I also love gardening and baking and long distance running!

Happy to be here!

Welcome to BYC! :frow https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/chicken-coops.12/ takes you straight to our coop section, hopefully this gives you a few ideas for a coop, bonus fact build it bigger then ya can go on acquiring more :D I would definately get more but that is me, chicken are social critters, but if you and your chicken are happy with the current arrangment then that is fine too!

:welcome

Sorry for the losses you've had. Adding skirting around a coop will help stop digging predators, hot wire and a sturdy covered run will also help protect a flock.

Maybe it's just me but I think it best to keep chicken with chickens, ducks with ducks, etc. Dietary and housing may be different for different animals.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom