Finally done....well almost

lotsachicks

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 25, 2010
S. Texas
Well our first coop is almost done...just lacking a few outside trim details, fencing, and a bit of landscaping to make things pretty. We got our first chickens on May 19th and I have been lurking here ever since. Our coop is a compilation of ideas learned here, with some modifications to account for our ungodly hot weather a good part of the year. I'm sure we will have to make some adjustments and learn as we go, but overall I am very pleased with the results so far.

58615_chris_pics_202.jpg

still have a ways to go!

58615_chris_pics_216.jpg

nearly done!

58615_chris_pics_218.jpg

a closer look, the coop is overall 12 x 8

58615_chris_pics_222.jpg

the roosts with sand underneath and chicken wire to keep the chooks from spreading the mess, the window will be closed off on our rare cold days

58615_chris_pics_221.jpg

door for easy access to eggs, three girls have been laying since 10/3/10
celebrate.gif

58615_chris_pics_227.jpg

The girls checking out their new nest boxes

58615_chris_pics_230.jpg

Sugars says all she needs now is a Roo!!!

welcome-byc.gif
from S. Texas also!

Yes it does get hot here which is why I am building my girls a three sided coop with an attached run. Gotta figure out how I am going to add some windows for ventilation. Luckily I have a large oak tree that I can build it under.

What a great coop - you must be proud of it!
Love the picture of Sugar -she sure looks sweet
big_smile.png

REALLY great coop! Good job, better than "good" it's GREAT. LOTS of room and well designed, too.

I'm particularly fond of the nicely-shaped openings to the nest boxes. Your girls look like they approve, too.

Sugar is adorable. Get her a GOOD roo, willya?

Back
Top Bottom