Finally finished inside.. The basics anyway. Lol

Rosey516

Songster
10 Years
Jul 14, 2013
New Jersey
Ok I think this will be ok, I moved the nesting boxes .. is the top roosting bar to high? They only seem to be going on the lower one but it was only their first day in coop.. Also do they just jump or fly into nesting boxes or should I put something there so they can get up they are 14 inches from floor.. I also put the food and water underneath so it will stay clean somewhat, they can't stand on top so they can't poop in it.. Lol I have a small temporary run until someone can help me out together the fencing I bought.. What do you all think?

Nope. Top roost looks fine. They will use it eventually. It might become a favorite. They should be able to hop/fly into the nesting boxes with no problems. They may hop over from the little shelf/poop board there too. It all looks good.

Top roost is fine! Everything looks great, good job! Although my lower roost is also towards the edge of the poop board and inevitably the ones that roost there face the wrong direction and poop completely misses the board. Crazy chickens, lol

My one suggestion would be to put more of a lip on the nest boxes. That hay isn't going to stay in there if you don't, they'll kick that out, along with any eggs that might be in there. I'd also cover them until they start laying, otherwise you are going to find them sleeping in them and that makes for very messy eggs!

Other than that, good job!

My one suggestion would be to put more of a lip on the nest boxes.  That hay isn't going to stay in there if you don't, they'll kick that out, along with any eggs that might be in there.  I'd also cover them until they start laying, otherwise you are going to find them sleeping in them and that makes for very messy eggs!

Thank you will cover them now

Other than that, good job!

Back
Top Bottom