Finally finished the new hen house.

Wi_Pida

Songster
Mar 21, 2019
Gresham, Wisconsin
My friends call it the chicken palace. I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself. I have advanced MS this hen house I was able to create in 1 1/2 months.

We have a 32' x 11' shed. I insulated an 8' x 11' section in the shed, picked up a bunch of scrap lumber, window and panels at the habitats for humanity. I already had some leftover insulation that had been sitting in storage for a couple of years. This past spring and summer storms knocked down some trees too. I even built the nesting boxes by hand. The box in the corner that you see is the brooding / hospital coupe it's 4' x 4’ x 3'.
20190908_181811.jpg
20190908_181711.jpg
20190908_201058.jpg
20190908_201033.jpg

Here's what I came up with. How do you think I did?

Awesome job! Love the natural roost and it appears your birds do too! Very satisfying when a long project is complete! You should be very proud!! Enjoy cleaning it now! :gig:highfive:

Cleaning it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I put vinyl flooring down so all I have to do is go in with the pooper scooper and pick up the turds. Then when it's time to change it all out I got a big old trash can that I shovel everything into and a wagon to drag it all out to the compost pile. And before replenishing the new bedding, I just mop it down and away we go.

My friends call it the chicken palace. I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself. I have advanced MS this hen house I was able to create in 1 1/2 months.

We have a 32' x 11' shed. I insulated an 8' x 11' section in the shed, picked up a bunch of scrap lumber, window and panels at the habitats for humanity. I already had some leftover insulation that had been sitting in storage for a couple of years. This past spring and summer storms knocked down some trees too. I even built the nesting boxes by hand. The box in the corner that you see is the brooding / hospital coupe it's 4' x 4’ x 3'.
View attachment 1903131 View attachment 1903132 View attachment 1903133 View attachment 1903134

Here's what I came up with. How do you think I did?
Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom