Finally finished

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jeaucamom, Oct 8, 2007.

1. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Songster

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    I can't believe this thing is finally done!!!!! The girls (and boys [​IMG] ) moved in yesterday and they are sooooo happy. And not a moment too soon. They had way outgrown the small temporary coop they were in. I think I need my head examined though because all of a sudden this thing looks way too small. But I know we have at least 2 roos that will be finding a new home. We will be building another in the spring for the next round!! LOL Oh my goodness, is there ever an end to this?????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    thats adorable. Nice job.

3. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Songster

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    [​IMG] THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! [​IMG] You have just saved me from a broken heart! I posted these same pics on Daves Garden THREE DAYS AGO and NO ONE has replied!!![​IMG][​IMG] I was sooo depressed! But I'm better now. Thanks Lurky!!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  4. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Songster

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I love it!!! But the chicken addiction is so bad that I KNOW you will be putting an addition on that baby next spring! Your chickens look thrilled at their new home.[​IMG]

5. Ellie

Ellie Songster

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Looks so nice and clean.

Ellie

6. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Songster

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    I know how you feel about finishing your coop I just put the last touch on mind this morning - and like you I all ready am thinking about another one ( boy hope hubby dont see this )
    I think your coop looks wonderful and the babies all look nice and relaxed. What did you use for your nesting boxes?

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Looks good! [​IMG]

8. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Songster

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Thanks all! Chicken Girl, you wont believe this, but we used Rubbermaid Slide N' Stack Baskets. They actually slide out of a door on the back of the coop so we can check for eggs when the time comes! We will also be adding a slanted roof to cover them tomorrow.

9. jmass

jmass In the Brooder

Aug 29, 2007
    Marion
    jeaucamom, that is a great looking coop. I know what you mean about plans for a new one. I just finished my new coop for the first time about a month ago. Since then I keep finding things to add or do different. Its never ending.

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    What a sweet coop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: