Finally found "the one"

Eggnonymous

Chirping
12 Years
Aug 17, 2009
Carroll County, GA
After lurking around here for several months we decided to wait and get our chicks this spring (so I can get the breeds I want as pullets) but, I knew we needed to get started on our coop. I knew someone on BYC would come up with a coop design that had the features/look/size we wanted - its like watching "the evolution of the coop" with the competition/creativity!
clap.gif
Well, "the one" did appear right here on BYC!
woot.gif
Thank you big time to Jarhead for his "Cluckingham Palace". We knew we wanted to be mobile and I knew if we used a smaller design I'd just need another one in a year (or less?). I love the coop's size, the large wheels, and the feed & water layout. His truck bed liner idea is great, too. We will probably modify the roof to a salt-box or shed type and only have doors on one end with a window in the other, but hey, we can build, just not design!

I was bummed that one of his pictures was missing that I think shows the inside completed. I really wanted to see how he arranged the roosts and the inside view of the nest boxes. Did anyone save that picture? I have emailed him to ask about that, too. I can't wait to get started!

If anyone is interested, below is the hoop-type pen we plan to build and attach to our version of BYC Jarhead's "Cluckingham Palace" - hopefully both ours will turn out as nice. It'll be a while yet, but I'll post pics when we get there!

hoop_house2.jpg

14375_dsc00217.jpg

Yea, Tofu, those were my thoughts exactly when I first saw it. I hope Jarhead will get my msg of appreciation for his great design. And Winchesterva this picture came from that page which has great info/directions, but unfortunately one of the pictures is missing that shows the inside with roosts in place.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom