Finally found "the one"

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Eggnonymous, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Eggnonymous

Eggnonymous Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2009
    Carroll County, GA
    After lurking around here for several months we decided to wait and get our chicks this spring (so I can get the breeds I want as pullets) but, I knew we needed to get started on our coop. I knew someone on BYC would come up with a coop design that had the features/look/size we wanted - its like watching "the evolution of the coop" with the competition/creativity![​IMG] Well, "the one" did appear right here on BYC![​IMG] Thank you big time to Jarhead for his "Cluckingham Palace". We knew we wanted to be mobile and I knew if we used a smaller design I'd just need another one in a year (or less?). I love the coop's size, the large wheels, and the feed & water layout. His truck bed liner idea is great, too. We will probably modify the roof to a salt-box or shed type and only have doors on one end with a window in the other, but hey, we can build, just not design!

I was bummed that one of his pictures was missing that I think shows the inside completed. I really wanted to see how he arranged the roosts and the inside view of the nest boxes. Did anyone save that picture? I have emailed him to ask about that, too. I can't wait to get started!

2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG]

3. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    that's pretty cool looking coop! good luck to ya and remember to post pics!

4. Eggnonymous

Aug 17, 2009
    Carroll County, GA
    If anyone is interested, below is the hoop-type pen we plan to build and attach to our version of BYC Jarhead's "Cluckingham Palace" - hopefully both ours will turn out as nice. It'll be a while yet, but I'll post pics when we get there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]

nice

6. winchesterva

winchesterva Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2009
    Winchester
  7. squeakyballs

squeakyballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Oh wow, what an awesome coop! I love the color and style and layout... it is all perfect and oh-so-cute :)

8. Eggnonymous

Aug 17, 2009
    Carroll County, GA
    Yea, Tofu, those were my thoughts exactly when I first saw it. I hope Jarhead will get my msg of appreciation for his great design. And Winchesterva this picture came from that page which has great info/directions, but unfortunately one of the pictures is missing that shows the inside with roosts in place. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by