Finally from written plans, the coop is emerging

wee.gif
Another day working on the coop. We got the nest boxes attached, the 2 large doors ready to go on, & finished the painting of everything that gets white. Hopefully painting everything with exterior semi-gloss will make cleaning easier.
My DH (he's so good to me) & I should get the finish trim & hardware cloth on the vent doors & the trim painted tomorrow.
108387_img_1327.jpg

We hung the nest boxes from the back/side of the coop by reinforcing w/1x & 2x inside & out using wood screws.
108387_img_1325.jpg

I have a 1 1/2" wooden dowel that we are going to attach in front of the nests for a step to the nest boxes.
108387_img_1326.jpg

There will be two removable roosts that will run the length of the coop 1' & 2' off the floor.
Almost everything except the shingles have been screwed together & we used our Senco air stapler for attaching trim.
I pick up the wheels tomorrow from our local thrift store. All of the door trim was made out of pallets that we took apart.
We'd like to have it done by the weekend which should be possible. Yippee!!!

ya.gif
Thanks everybody for your kind words & support. We should be moving the coop to the yard tomorrow, so I will post some more pics when we do that. The bicycle tires were flat so I had to go into town & get some inner tubes this PM, plus the trim paint (Autumn Sage) was still too wet to install the wheels. Living in the PacNorWest has a couple of down sides like high humidity, so paint is slow to dry even under cover. But...onward & upward. Tomorrow is another wonderful day!!!

wee.gif
IT'S DONE (except for paint on the handles & the tire supports that were added today. It was getting ready to rain, so that put a kibacht to the painting. I still have to "decorate" w/the name, etc. The chicks moved in tonight & they were not real happy, quite vocal about it, too. The run will be attached within the next couple of days. Heavy, but rolls real well.
But here it is:
108387_img_1330.jpg

We were short a couple of shingles that we still have to pick up from the lumber store. So we covered it with plastic for tonight.
108387_img_1329.jpg

(I snuck a photo of them inside.)The chick babies inside this evening. The roost is temporary, but will be replace in a few weeks with 2 roosts that are wider & higher. The nest boxes have been blocked off because I don't want them to get in the habit of using them for sleeping quarters or a playground.
108387_img_1331.jpg

Thanks everyone!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom