Finally got a username

ZakFriedman

Hatching
Nov 5, 2015
Davis, CA
Hey, I'm Zak and I've been reading this site for a couple years, but never bothered getting a membership before. I currently have eight chickens (two RIR, two barred rocks, an Easter Egger, a Buff Orpington, and two Wyandotts). They all just turned two. They used to have acres to roam, but now they're in a small backyard coop so I've been sprouting wheatgrass to supplement their diet. I can let the Reds and the Orpington out of their coop since they're easy to catch if they go in the garden. I love all my cluck-ups (except Duckie, she pecks).

Hello Zak!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.:frow

Hi :welcome Zak

Glad you could join the flock! Many of us were lurkers before joining. I was one too for a couple of years!! That's some lovely breeds you have there, I've never grown sprouting wheat grass before but I bet your girls appreciate it very much.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome, so glad you decided to join us.

welcome-byc.gif

I would love to see how you do the wheatgrass sprouting, and especially how your flock are given access to it. I once tried sprouting in water, placed the sprouts in the run and my gals were "Chicken" and wouldn't even approach it. But they were younger then and now are "mature" 2 year olds and somewhat bolder in exploring new frontiers. They love healthy greens and am interested in trying it again.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. And Sunflour, to grow wheatgrass for them I just put the wheat berries in a pot of garden soil and water it for a few days. Then I either tilt the pot against their coop or pick some leaves and hand feed them. If you leave the base the leaves will grow back in a few days. Some of your less aggressive chickens might not get any.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. And Sunflour, to grow wheatgrass for them I just put the wheat berries in a pot of garden soil and water it for a few days. Then I either tilt the pot against their coop or pick some leaves and hand feed them. If you leave the base the leaves will grow back in a few days. Some of your less aggressive chickens might not get any.
Thanks so much, gotta get some wheat seeds going.

Back
Top Bottom