Finally got my chickens after years of wanting some :D

Plant Lady

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 21, 2013
So I been wanting to get some chickens for at least a year or three now lol. I finally got me 5 and am so excited ;) I got them to control the eggs and its part of my urban backyard farm plan that's falling into place. Also looking forward to using their droppings for compost and in turn helping my crops that I grow. My inner hippie is finally breaking out yipee! I got a Rhode Island Red, Production Red, Black Sex Link, Silver Laced Wyandotte and a Golden Comet. So far I think the Golden Comet is the sweetest and most gentlest and the Rhode Island Red is a sassy little girl lol...although from what I read she's right on track with her breeds normal personality. Which is fine I'm sassy myself lol. I am amazed at how big they have gotten and in such a short time. So I'm sure I'll be on here more now after my long break from the forum...I got chickens happy dance* and the family thinks I've lost it completely now - or more so after I brought the little peeping nuggets home lol

Congrats and welcome to chicken-dom! :D From my first flock I also had a Golden Comet ( aka Red Sex Link, Red Star, etc...), she was the sweetest too. She would always enjoy wobbling over to check out what I was doing and come when called.

You haven't lost it, you fit right in here!!!
thumbsup.gif
congrats on your chickies!
clap.gif
Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom