Finally, got some chickens again..

I went to let the girls out this morning and found the side door of the coop wide open and not a chicken in sight
ep.gif
My first thought was they got stolen! But they are all happily free ranging in the yard, unharmed. Thankfully! DH accused me of not closing the door properly and I did, I know I did, so I'm thinking our 6yo must've been there after me and didn't close it properly. We had a very windy night and I suspect the wind opened it. I'm glad they are O.K. but I had a nasty surprise I can tell you that!
I decided to leave them in the garden for now and keep an eye on them. They are enjoying the freedom and scratching under the trees and having so much fun out there. I don't have the heart to chase them back into the coop now. So I'll spend the day chicken sitting
smile.png
Or the morning at least! We're waiting for the extension materials to be delivered, so we can make the run area bigger for them. It's a bit cramped with the 8 of them in there and the bantam's getting bullied
sad.png
DH said he'll build her a little coop and run and get her some more bantam buddies. Yay, more chickens!

I went to let the girls out this morning and found the side door of the coop wide open and not a chicken in sight
ep.gif
My first thought was they got stolen! But they are all happily free ranging in the yard, unharmed. Thankfully! DH accused me of not closing the door properly and I did, I know I did, so I'm thinking our 6yo must've been there after me and didn't close it properly. We had a very windy night and I suspect the wind opened it. I'm glad they are O.K. but I had a nasty surprise I can tell you that!
I decided to leave them in the garden for now and keep an eye on them. They are enjoying the freedom and scratching under the trees and having so much fun out there. I don't have the heart to chase them back into the coop now. So I'll spend the day chicken sitting
smile.png
Or the morning at least! We're waiting for the extension materials to be delivered, so we can make the run area bigger for them. It's a bit cramped with the 8 of them in there and the bantam's getting bullied
sad.png
DH said he'll build her a little coop and run and get her some more bantam buddies. Yay, more chickens!
Panic attack!!!

More like heart attack LOL That was not a nice start to the day! The girls spend the day happily free ranging, so I bet they will want to go out again tomorrow. I'll let them out for awhile in the afternoon/late morning I think. Want to stick around and keep an eye on them. The neighbour's dog was very interested in them today. And me in him!

LOL I actually like the pup. It's a sheepdog crossed with something. As long as it stays in it's yard we'll be friends.
smile.png

Thats what I tell all my springers each day!!! uggggg sooner or later the kids will leave something ajar : (

If you have kids, dogs and chickens you'll never have a dull moment.

LOL

Thanks, MKK FARMS. That bird in your avatar is quite pretty too!

Back
Top Bottom