Finally had an attack:-(

karri25

Songster
12 Years
Feb 5, 2007
Arkansas
Last night I heard a big doggy comotion outside and got worried. I sent my husband who swore that he saw nothing. This morning my darling neighbor brought me one of my hens. It had been attacked by another neighbor's dog!!!!!! My sweet neighbor saved it and kept in his living room all night. Talk about great neighbors!!! WEll so I think she might be fine. She is missing a lot of feathers and her rump is really kind of bloody. I put iodine on her and am giving her extra vitamins and garlic and such. I think as long as her insides didn't get scrambled she'll be fine. But I am sooo mad. We have told this guy a dozen times to keep his d#mn dog on a leash. WE have shot his dog many times with our b.b. guns and it's still coming around. WE have even had it growl at one of our kids. The guy just keeps swearing that it's not his dog we are seeing. Really???? How many other almost white labs are running around our neighborhood??? How many other almost white labs run right to your door when we chase him???? I think that I'm just going to let my husband carry him off. But really I don't thinkI'll be able to do that b/c I'm afraid that he loves his dog but is just an idiot. I don't know what to do. I can't call animal control b/c we have too many birds and don't want trouble:-( Sorry for the rant I'm just really mad! Also, now we have yet another chicken in our living room for who knows how long. I am so glad my husband loves me!

I think you need to upgrade the caliber of gun you're using on him. I love dogs too, but if they come around on our property chasing our cows, chickens, whatever....the SSS principle comes into play....especially if the owners refuse to do anything to change the situation.

I think you need to remove the dog from the situation, and whatever method you use to accomplish this is entirely up to you.

If a dog came into my yard growling at my children, the dog would never leave my yard.

Yes, my husband would have loved to have gotten at the dog the day it growled at one of our kids but we are REALLY residential and there is no way we can shoot an actual gun here. He tried to catch the dog but it got back home before we could get him. I think we are probably going to "re-home" the dog this weekend.

If you chose to "re-home" please don't just take it out into the country and dump it like waaaay too many people do. Then we who live in a rural area are left to deal with it. Dogs who are dumped end up being hit by cars, starve to death or are shot by farmers who don't need or want another dog. Most stray dogs aren't adopted into whatever farm yard they end up at.

I wouldn't just throw a dog out into the country! Even though we are residential we are residential rural and that would just be cruel period. If we move the dog we will be moving it to someone elses home or the pound.

Ok...didn't mean to upset you...it's just that we've had to deal with "re-homed" dogs way too often. Unfortunately there's too many people that think re-home and dump are one in the same!! It's not easy to either chase a poor scared dog off and down the road, or dispose of it permenantly.

{thinks}

My dogs chase all kinds of stuff.. good thing they don't leave the yard. Glad I spent the money for the invisible fence.

My advice..get yourself a paintball gun....when you see the dog in your yard again, PAINT THAT SOB! THEN go to the owner, and tell him....next time..it WONT come home.....Anf if ya want to try to teach that dog a lesson.....freeze the paintballs! ouch! Those smart!
We too live in the country, and have had to deal with MANY dropped off dogs...and cats.

Back
Top Bottom