Finally have chickens after years of wanting!

Inthepineschick

Hatching
6 Years
May 16, 2013
Hello everyone! My name is Holly and my husband is Nick! We live in beautiful Central Oregon and finally are the proud owners of some chickens! We moved to a place we can homestead and it already had a mostly finished large coop!

A little about our operation!
First we finished the mostly there coop!

We currently have 19 little girls!

Breed wise we have 10 red sex links and then a mix of buffington breeds for the other 9.

I have been a BYC stalker for around 6 years! I learned about it when it was first getting going and have always wanted chickens!

Currently our other hobbies include doing homework as we are both full time college students! My husband is a videographer/photographer and I am a business major. We also have a small "farm" if you will with 3 dogs and 4 cats (only had 3 and we just adopted one that showed up on our porch at midnight about a week ago lol!). I also raise chinchillas for pets!

Thanks for reading and I look forward to being an active member of BYC!

Now for some pictures!

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!!!
frow.gif
Glad to have you aboard!!
highfive.gif

Hi and :welcome

Your coop looks great. That's a big flock of chicks! (well, big by my standards anyway :lol:)
Enjoy the forums.

Greetings from Kansas, Inthepineschick, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Great looking coop! Can't quite tell from the pic but if that is chicken wire you might want put a perimeter of hardware cloth about a foot up. A raccoon will stick his greedy little paw right through the hole in chicken wire and snatch a chicken and eat it through the wire! Good luck to you!

I never thought of that! Great advice! I have never seen any raccoon here but I'm sure they exist!

Greetings from Kansas, Inthepineschick, and :welcome !  Pleased you joined us!  Great looking coop!  Can't quite tell from the pic but if that is chicken wire you might want put a perimeter of hardware cloth about a foot up.  A raccoon will stick his greedy little paw right through the hole in chicken wire and snatch a chicken and eat it through the wire!  Good luck to you!

Last edited:
It seemed big to me too! But we have a large coop and many people to share eggs with! Plus after talking to local chicken farmers they all agreed the more the merrier! :p My husband is already planning on expanding their coop! He really wants a bigger fenced run!

Hi and :welcome

Your coop looks great. That's a big flock of chicks! (well, big by my standards anyway :lol:)
Enjoy the forums.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom