Finally, I am doing the Happy Dance, Fertile Black Silkie eggs

Congrats Ms. Julie! This is happy news for you and those of us who enjoy purchasing from you.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Yes, things are looking up for me in the Black silkie department. Silkies require lots of patience. Good thing those little hens lay well and keep producing for a long time as in years.

Quote:
Unless you keep hatching roos!
roll.png
I have 2 silkie roos from your stock and no hens...A possible pullet is in the brooder..but she is only 3 weeks old.
lol.png

That's terrible that you have had so much trouble, but great that it is turning around for you. I hope they all hatch and are exactly what you want!
~Rebecca

Julie, I can imagine how happy you had to be when you finally saw those little swimmers after going thru all that. Congradulations, let us know how they hatch.

Isnt that something that roo was blind? Does that happen often, do you suppose it was an accident, or can silkies be prone to that due to all that hair (i dont know squat (no pun intended) about silkies).

That is the first blind silkie I have ever had so I don't know. I bought him grown in with two pullets that someone brougt me to a show. They learn to adapt so I just saw them together for afew min before I had to be on my way back home. I don't think the breeder realized the problem either as she has a lot of silkies and probably like me I keep more than one Roo to the pen sometimes if they are hatch mates cause they don't seem to fight. Anyway I am giving the benefit of the doubt on that. Fifty dollars is not worth losing a friendship over since all the others i have have been show quality and a very good price.

Back
Top Bottom