Finally, I have lambs!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rooster0209, Apr 10, 2009.

1. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    A friend has lots of sheep and so far has had quite a few triplets. I bought two of the bottle lamps today, both little ewes.

DH was less than agreeable to the whole idea and has never had sheep. I haven't had any since high school. I forgot how tiny they are. I think they will be called Wanda (white) Betsy (black face)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    they are adorable!! congrats and good luck with the new babies!

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Awww... They are so cute! [​IMG]

4. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    [​IMG] That is what I do to my DH when he less then agreeable and I do it anyway [​IMG]

They are adorable [​IMG]

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    How sweet!

6. henjoy

henjoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    They are darling! Nothing cuter than a new lamb. Just remember, they are as addictive as chickens. I started out with one to keep my goat company and have 34 now. My first 2009 lambs were born today--a set of twins, a ewe and a ram. I'm going out to check them now but since their mom is a good mom and an old pro, I'm sure all is well. I know that you will enjoy your new babies. Have fun!!!

7. MissJames

MissJames Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Coastal SC
    This me ,green with envy! They are precious.

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Just precious. I love little lambs, wish I could have some! [​IMG]

9. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Quote:I would love to raise sheep but DH says NO. I am keeping a spreadsheet of expenses, hopefully I will have even a small profit. Then I can use that against him when I want more. If I don't, then I will get more next year.

I suffer from moderate depression and fibromyalgia. I stay in the house alot, going outside to care for the chickens, cats and to let the dogs out. I find myself going outside more when I got the chickens and I have been out more since yesterday than I have in a long time. I think its good for me to have my "own" farm animals to care for. It keeps me active and busy (I can spend all day in the house w/the dogs & cats and enjoy it) and out in the fresh air. All that fun stuff...feeding, cleaning, caring for & playing with the critters.

10. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    Quote:this has worked well for me in my 16-almost 17 years of marriage!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by