Finally I took some pics of my filly!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Cara, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    This is my first official 'My Horse'! She's just a yearling right now, but is threatening to grow big! She's like a big puppy dog most of the time, until she sees the fly spray :| Her eyes are irritated by the flies at the moment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Nice looking filly. Hope she turns out good for you.

3. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Dang!!! That is one right PRETTY filly!

4. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

she looks pretty sweet in a sassy kinda way! The last pic is the look of sass! hee hee, great looking girl, good luck with her (not that you need luck)! Thank you for sharing your baby!

5. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Quote:LMAO how ever did you guess? That pic was taken after the first ten minutes of trying to catch her. Believe me I need luck! My first horse was a colt my husband gave me that neither of us could get anywhere with, so we sent him to a professional and he told us outright he didn't like him! After 6 months here with nobody wanting to ride him, we've lent him to a friend who...doesn't like him either!

6. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Quote:Thanks!! Not bad for $75 [​IMG]

7. michigan chick

michigan chick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2008
    Sparta MI
    She is a nice looking horse. Good Luck!

8. bluerose

bluerose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Lovely girl... she looks like she'll be fun. She has the chestnut mare thing goin on [​IMG]

Can you get a mask on her if the flies are bothering her? Or roll-on fly repellent if she doesn't like spray bottles yet? Dunno what it is with babies and spray stuff... I think it's one of those universal 'DO NOT LIKE' baby things...

Also- hate to nitpick- but just because she's a yearling and hard to catch doesn't mean you can skimp on hoofcare... from what I can see her feet look a little long and unbalanced. [​IMG]

9. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Quote:We're not skimping, she's not at the feet picking up stage yet! She spent the first year of her life on the range here, so it's baby steps. Unfortunately the same goes for fly masks and roll-on; she just has to smell fly repellent and she blows up. She's fine with a halter, but not fine with having a lead rope attached or removed while she's wearing it [​IMG]

10. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Very pretty horse. Unless she was from a wild mustang herd, why was she "on the range?"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by