Finally in the coup

ozark hen

Living My Dream
15 Years
Apr 4, 2007
Mansfield, MO
Here they all are..happy and snug in their new coup. It will be awhile before they are allowed to run free outside but for now they are so happy.
yippiechickie.gif

chick2.jpg

chick1-1.jpg

LucyandCleo.jpg

How old are they?? I can't wait for our coop to be done, hopefully this weekend, and move the little things out of our garage.
big_smile.png

Very nice! Mine have spent the last week in their new coop during the day, but I'm still bringing them in at night. I can't wait until they can stay in it full time...

thanks, they were three and a half weeks when we put them outside in their coup. We put them in a small tractor for the daytime all last week, they loved it. My DH said they didn't need the light on their first night out in the coup,
barnie.gif
it was in the sixties...
fl.gif
I went out at five a.m. and couldn't find them at first. They were hiding behind their trashcans (filled with feed). As soon as I said, "good morning", they cheeped and came out. I turn the light on during the night hours for them now. I put a lot of shavings in the spot they huddled at the first night just in case. Sure enough the next morning they were in the same spot. Now they nap out in the open so they might have just been scared. After all they had been cooped up in two RubberMaid plastic tubs for three and a half weeks. We have wire on the inside and on the outside of the windows to keep them safe.

Back
Top Bottom