Finally introducing myself

a048146

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 8, 2012
Wyoming Minnesota
Hello to all you wonderful chicken keepers! My name is Diane; my husband and I live in Wyoming, Minnesota. We got 5 chickens in 2013 after I made a coop for them, we made a bigger coop in 2015 and currently have a few more: Buff Orpingtons, Black Australorps, Silver Laced Wyandottes and Americaunas. Chickens are fun to have, wish we would have had them when our kids were younger. We love the fresh eggs, and it's fun to just sit and watch them free ranging, like lovely roving flowers in our yard. Every time I come outside, they wait expectantly, hoping for treats. My husband took some tasty vege scraps out to them and before he dished it out, one of the girls jumped up and dumped it for him; we had to laugh!!
My hobbies are gardening, researching herbs and natural remedies, sewing, and cooking. We have 3 kids, and 4 grandchildren who like to feed and chase the chickens; they also enjoy the eggs.
I found BYC when I started researching chicken coops, at least a year before starting to build mine and found so much information on so many topics, that by the time we picked up our tiny box of 5 peeping baby chicks, we were ready for our new pets, so:
I want to say a big “Thankyou” to “BackyardChickens.com” for having this site. You have been, and are such a resource to all of us, and I have told so many people to look you up, that are even thinking of getting chickens, wondering what kind of chickens to get, waterers or feeders to make, etc.
And a big “Thankyou” to all of you who fill this site with great questions and wonderful, informative answers. All the questions I've had, had been asked before. And thanks also for posting your helpful pictures. I'll try to post a few coop pics some time, as we have a roost over the nest boxes - so easy to clean, and I added what I call a mezzanine with a bridge, which added more usable space for the girls.
Thanks again!! Diane (recently retired and loving it!)

Back
Top Bottom