Alright, so finally, after what seems like years (really only a couple months) we we're finally able to build the coop. Since we were waiting to move into our new duplex and couldn't start building until we got here, it's been a LONG WAIT. $400 later, it's done. That's about $250 more than we wanted to spend but -- we we're sort of under a time crunch since the place that my chickens were staying at we're being neglected - no food or water for days and it's been in the 90's. So unfortunately we didn't have a lot of time to find "salvaged" roofing and some other things, but we did recycle a lot of materials and I think I did the local restore proud. Check out my BYC page to see the details. It still needs a few finishing touches, pain on the little window on the side and the poop board needs to be installed, but the girls are so used to a tiny 4x4 cage that they've been in for the past two months that they are astounded by the space. I am so proud of the four girls, since last night was their first night and 2 managed to figure out at dusk it's time to go inside the coop, while the other two needed some help lifting. Then they layed on the ground, so we placed each of them up on their roost and they were so cute, carefully turning around. They haven't been on anything higher than about 5 inches, now they are about 2 feet up! hehe. Look at my BYC page for the whole project! Click on why-o-why construction to see the coop construction!