Finally joined after 2 years of reading ☺️

SkarlettsHens

Chirping
Aug 3, 2020
Hi Everyone!!! Im Jen, better known as Skarlett and I have been reading posts and coming to this site for answers to my questions for over two year but just joined tonight, not sure why it took so long 🤪
I used to have chickens in NC and then when I moved to Florida 6 years ago I took them to a close friends farm because the area in Florida we were moving to (Hollywood FL.) had a ban on chickens in residential areas. My fiancé and I just bought our first home on well over an acre with A/R zoning and I was so excited to finally have the space and ability to get chickens again. At the end of February 2020 I went to tractor supply and got 5 sexed female chicks and 1 straight run that was the smallest in the bin and being bullied so I scooped the baby up with fingers crossed it would be a hen. She did indeed ☺️
I had no idea what 3 of the 6 were breed wise but I now know I have a total of 6 hens, 3 Rhode Island Red Bullies 😂, 1 Barred Plymouth Rock, 1 Black Marans, and 1 Blue Cochin.
I love my chicky babies, and I can tell they love me back, they are always eager to run after me through the yard in the mornings after I let them out to free range half of the property. They accept my loving with open wings, even when we trim their flight feathers. My neighbor also has hens amd 1 rooster that also free range so we keep ours clipped so they dont get flighty and roam to the neighbors yard as our fencing is only 4ft.
Besides being a mother hen, I am also the mother of a 13 year old son, and 3 pups. I am a Jeep girl and major Jeep addict 🤪 I manage a retail store full time and also run my own business making handmade soaps, wax melts, candles and more still in the works. I was just doing so as a hobby but was out of work for 6 weeks due to Covid and started selling my products for supplemental income and it blew up. I make Jeep soaps, shampoo bars, and all kinda of smell goods.
I am actually getting 5 new chicks from mypetchicken the week of the 24th of August and super excited for the process of caring for babies again, slow introduction, and all the fun stuff. My upcoming chicks are all females and I am getting 5 different breeds, 1 easter egger, 1 speckled sussex, 1 exchequer leghorn, 1 porcelain d’uccle bantam, and 1 green queen easter egger. Id love to hear your experiences with any of the listed breeds. Thanks for Reading and I hope to connect with some of you in the upcoming days, months, and years. A few pics of my girls below 🥰

Attachments

• D5278B08-0048-4DC7-A4FC-477447A33094.jpeg
    D5278B08-0048-4DC7-A4FC-477447A33094.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • 80E53899-0900-46AA-B9A5-600CA6DCA40C.jpeg
    80E53899-0900-46AA-B9A5-600CA6DCA40C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom