Finally joined BYC!!!!

BurchFunnyFarm

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 3, 2014
Deweyville, Texas
I've been using this site for guidance for months and just love all the chicken talk that goes on. It's helped me more than once to keep my flock healthy and happy. Can't wait to start using the forum.

welcome-byc.gif

Are you planning on getting chickens?

I have about 55 chickens and ducks. This summer I bought some pullets from a local guy and I think I brought a virus to my flock that I can't cure. Decided to join the page to see if anyone can help me. I have a huge variety of chickens young and old that I adore and have been watching suffer. It's terrible.

It's just so bizarre. They seem perfectly happy and normal and were laying eggs like crazy when this cough hit them. I've never had problems with them before. I've done everything I can think of for this cough but it won't go away.

Hello :frow Welcome To BYC! Hope you are able to figure out what is going on with your birds.

Welcome to BYC. Respiratory conditions can frequently become chronic in a flock. Recovered birds tend to become carriers of the illness.

You may need to bring in a token bird to a vet to see what is going on, or they may want to take samples for lab testing from a recently deceased bird.

Back
Top Bottom