Finally met my first mean rooster

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by MMPoultryFarms, Jul 25, 2010.

1. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    So I bought a 4 week old Naked neck from the auction I always had this belief I could train any Roo I ran across even some pretty mean ones haven't withheld my Alpha wrath. Then here comes this little itty bitty nked neck and he challenges me each and everytime I opn his cage. A few solid thumps on his beak and I get the good ol stinkeye and here he comes again. I kinda think its funny because since my normal methods didnt work I had to get my revenge. After contemplating this for a while I got a mirror and stuck it inside his cage. (this guy is really a tool) He pecked till his poor little beak was numb. [​IMG] So this morning I go out and remove the mirror and he looks at me and starts chirping as to say "you win I lose please take the mean rooster away from me. Today has been a peaceful day and I got one Not so happy NN Who Is so peceful and content now that he runs to me soon as the cage opens chirping with his long neck sticking out as if yelling yay my hero has returned Now wheres the food punk.............

2. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

haha, lol... will have to keep the mirror idea in my mind

3. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Interesting. I will keep this in mind.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by