Finally! ***Pics of my bator design***

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
This is my bator design. Not very fancy but it works! My fertile egg is in that bator at that time. Temp. is 101 degrees F. and Hum. is 65-70%

14678_chicken_pics_014.jpg

instead of putting the lamp inside, I put it on top. It has been getting colder so i added an additional lamp. the heat goes right through and into the box!
big_smile.png

Wow! Great Job! Good luck with your hatch. I haven't hatched anything yet, but am hoping to try in the spring. Let us know what happens with the little chick.
Michele

Thanks!
big_smile.png
If the egg I am trying to hatch doesn't make it, then I am gonna throw this bator away and build a new one from a Styrofoam cooler, like other people have done. It's such a hassle to have to make those two lamps just the right fit so they can stay up. It would be sooo much easier to have a light inside the bator!
smile.png
I am gonna see if I can find a lamp kit...

Quote:
The top is connected to the plastic box.
smile.png
It's like a plastic box with a cover on it. I also wrapped the box(inside and out) with tinfoil, since I was worried the heat from the lamps would melt the plastic. :eek: And then I made those three air vents(one is visible on the front)
Also, I found a cardboard box that fit perfectly(a shoe box) you can see it from the pic. The plastic box is inside the slightly larger shoe box, which helps keep temp./hum. inside.

Back
Top Bottom