Finally starting my walk in coop. Want to follow?

Pics
Roopecca, being in a temporary bachelor pad (the coop you gave mel only see them from a short distance. Can't wait to move him into his permanent bachelor pad (the original coop). The babies are doing great. Had to put netting around the dog cage cuz the white legbar is so small, younger than her roommates, I'm worried she can push through. Then again that might be a good thing cuz she could push back inside :gig
Planning to remove netting tomorrow, my day off. Then they can get their heads through to say hello better.:fl

:eek::th:hit:mad:
So we went to bed last night looking forward to having the power repaired today. I woke up at 6am, put on my boots cuz we had a big thunderstorm last night, picked up the chicken feeders, stepped out the back door, and froze in place. Remember the previous picture?
20190512_165700.jpg

Ok here's what I woke to.
20190520_083151.jpg

And from the south end...
20190520_144046.jpg

That lovely, perfect shade tree, the one I dreamed of putting a tree house in for the grandkids, was blown down in the storm last night. After I began breathing again I found that all the chickens were unharmed. Now to get this taken care of before all our hard work on this coop and run are squashed. Wish me luck.:fl
Oh, yeah, and we don't want the inground pool to be damaged either. That's what is behind that wooden fence where the top of the tree hangs.

:eek::th:hit:mad:
So we went to bed last night looking forward to having the power repaired today. I woke up at 6am, put on my boots cuz we had a big thunderstorm last night, picked up the chicken feeders, stepped out the back door, and froze in place. Remember the previous picture?
View attachment 1783310

Ok here's what I woke to.
View attachment 1783312

And from the south end...
View attachment 1783314
That lovely, perfect shade tree, the one I dreamed of putting a tree house in for the grandkids, was blown down in the storm last night. After I began breathing again I found that all the chickens were unharmed. Now to get this taken care of before all our hard work on this coop and run are squashed. Wish me luck.:fl
Oh, yeah, and we don't want the inground pool to be damaged either. That's what is behind that wooden fence where the top of the tree hangs.
:eek::eek::eek:

OHNooooo!!!
Oh Cryss, that's terrible, I'm so sorry that happened to you!!
Gonna need a good treeman to get that down without further damage.
Thanks, yeah, I'm working on estimates but its taking forever. Apparently we aren't the only ones that this happened to. Imagine that!
And to think I slept through that storm and the tree falling.

Back
Top Bottom