Finally starting my walk in coop. Want to follow?

Pics
Blackjack 57.
WHAT A MESS!
20190805_155227.jpg
20190805_155115.jpg
20190805_155321.jpg

Oops...hit the button hy accident.
When he gets into a project and starts seeing how its going to come together he gets excited. I had told him he could build the poop board and nests but don't install untill after blackjack. He just couldn't help himself and installed it all, then beamed proudly at having made something he never knew existed before this:gig I couldn't complain, he has worked so hard and doing a great job. So...I tried my best to keep it under control.
My thoughts on this...hey, it's a chicken coop.:lol:

3 days of roof work. Now I don't have to cover it with tarps and look at a big black cube.
Meanwhile blackjack has been curing for 2 weeks tomorrow. Unfortunately I guess I was a bit heavy handed in spots and it may take 1 or even 2 more weeks to cure. The spots are cracked and a bit damp. My bad. Any thoughts on the cracked bits?
Son in law Chris on the roof, hubby Bern on the ground cutting roof stuff.
20190824_111954.jpg

3 days of roof work. Now I don't have to cover it with tarps and look at a big black cube.
Meanwhile blackjack has been curing for 2 weeks tomorrow. Unfortunately I guess I was a bit heavy handed in spots and it may take 1 or even 2 more weeks to cure. The spots are cracked and a bit damp. My bad. Any thoughts on the cracked bits?
Son in law Chris on the roof, hubby Bern on the ground cutting roof stuff.
View attachment 1888715
It’s looking really good Chris! :thumbsup
How’s Roopecca doing?

It’s looking really good Chris! :thumbsup
How’s Roopecca doing?
Roopecca is mad as a bachelor rooster! :gig
Eggsmerelda has been broody blocking the others from the favored nest so they have been laying in strange places. I tried locking all the gals out of the coop after noontime when hopefully everyone is done laying. At night they all waited patiently (sleepily) on top of the Guest House, currently Roopecca's abode. When I pick them up to put them in the coop they do some squawking and a little bit of flapping particularly EE Carmen, little Miss Puffycheeks herself. The commotion sets Roopecca off crowing and pecking the screen. He hates me more than ever! He thinks I'm hurting his ladies and he can't do anything about it. Chris and I have plans for when he moves to the Bachelor pad, "Roopecca's Roost". His run will be extended by approximately 4x15.
I'm already making plans for next years project:oops:

Unfortunately I guess I was a bit heavy handed in spots and it may take 1 or even 2 more weeks to cure. The spots are cracked and a bit damp. My bad. Any thoughts on the cracked bits?

Yes, if you made it to heavy that could happen. Try to keep everything open as much as possible. If you have a small fan you could put inside to keep the air moving, it may help to cure it faster, since it been a couple weeks already. I would press down on the cracks if they are damp and see if it will mash together. Maybe use a piece dowel to roll over them. If it doesn't help, see what it looks like when it's dry, the crack may get smaller hopefully. The biggest problem with a crack will be if you have to scrape the floor at all, it may catch on the crack. I don't have to scrape the floor much.

I just thought of this. You might be able to lightly sand high spots down where the cracks are, once it's cured if needed. I think you did 2 coats so the first coat will still be protecting the floor anyway.

Back
Top Bottom