Finally starting my walk in coop. Want to follow?

Pics
Yes, if you made it to heavy that could happen. Try to keep everything open as much as possible. If you have a small fan you could put inside to keep the air moving, it may help to cure it faster, since it been a couple weeks already. I would press down on the cracks if they are damp and see if it will mash together. Maybe use a piece dowel to roll over them. If it doesn't help, see what it looks like when it's dry, the crack may get smaller hopefully. The biggest problem with a crack will be if you have to scrape the floor at all, it may catch on the crack. I don't have to scrape the floor much.

I just thought of this. You might be able to lightly sand high spots down where the cracks are, once it's cured if needed. I think you did 2 coats so the first coat will still be protecting the floor anyway.
Thanks for the advice! I have had it closed up with a huge black tarp covering it since blackjacking the floor. I posted a picture of that tarping in this thread. We have had tons of rain and if it didn't rain we were TOLD it was going to rain by the bucketful by those idiots called weathermen! It has been brutally hot for NJ. So if I have a problem maybe it's not as much my fault as it is STUPID WEATHERMEN! (I believe weathermen are making s..tuff up because they just don't know anymore.)
Anyway, I'll try putting down a chunk of plywood and pressing, read that "jumping", on it with all windows open and a fan blowing.
Wish me luck!
Oh, and, I hope you're right about that first layer being protective!

I'll try putting down a chunk of plywood and pressing,
Be careful it doesn't stick and pull the BJ up. Dowel rod is a better idea. Ventilation is probably the most important at this point.

STUPID WEATHERMEN!
I call them the 'Weather Guessers' and know they cannot control Mother Nature.
I use weather dot com and weather underground and draw my own conclusions,
which is usually "it might rain".
Then there is the 'Weather Thespians' the drama queens on tv :rolleyes:
I rarely watch that crap.

Link to your build thread?
I didn’t make a thread. Here are some pictures though.
First 2 pics are the same wall with the vents open & closed. Vents are 10”x5”.
ADCC2C9D-29AF-4A0D-A4A2-5AA05EFE88B2.jpeg
EC50F0EC-1A67-4A31-8803-8825CB1F5AE0.jpeg

Wall with clean out doors. I need to cut the doors out. These vents will have covers like the first one.
85F2F164-77F9-4C43-A102-18CF660324C4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom