Finally...There here Also what do I do

luvmypets

Songster
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
East Coast
Well after we finally contacted today, and when I called my dad he told me all of them were alive. :) However one was dragging it's leg and that made me sad thinking of a little baby doing that. What should I do?

P.S. also if you would think I would cull a baby duck than you got issues.
barnie.gif

Okay so my pa told me that it was dragging its leg when its leg was much different. Actually little Nila's leg is curled into her chest and it doesn't uncurl. Also she can't move it and her toes are curled up. My dad thought she would die but when I saw her she was energetic, and peeping away. However she does have a gravely peep and the two other Swedish gals peck at her. If she died I would be heartbroken. Though I think its a niacin deficiency.

Thanks, luvmypets
fl.gif
please don't be a deformity.

Okay so my pa told me that it was dragging its leg when its leg was much different. Actually little Nila's leg is curled into her chest and it doesn't uncurl. Also she can't move it and her toes are curled up. My dad thought she would die but when I saw her she was energetic, and peeping away. However she does have a gravely peep and the two other Swedish gals peck at her. If she died I would be heartbroken. Though I think its a niacin deficiency.

Thanks, luvmypets
fl.gif
please don't be a deformity.
Niacin is a cheap remedy and you can buy it just about anywhere. she needs to be on it pretty quick though, and if I was you I'd seprate her to her own brooder with a stuffed animal. maybe her own brooder inside the original one, that way she can see her sisters and vise versa.

I know we already have got her on niacin...we mixed it in her water. Also she is like lopsided and can only walk on one foot. My dad has them at his apartment and I only get to see them when I'm with him. About the separation. IDK what I' can do about that

hmm.png
luvmypets

last night Nila died I am in tears writing this and I miss her soooo much. She drowned in the water dish , and whyyyyy! So thats the story...Shes getting replaced and I hate that McMurray would send us a bird that had a birth defect or whatever.

he.gif
McMurray...u stink

somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

I'm sorry. Please read Amiga's link. What she has written is true, sometimes we lose ducks. And the best thing we can try to do is find out if it was preventable or not, so if we see another situation that is similar, then we will have the experience to know how to deal with the situation.

Back
Top Bottom