Finally!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 4 Love of Baby Chickens, Jan 14, 2010.

1. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

I got an egg from one of my 2 BR hens this morning. I found the egg in their favorite nesting box after I put the chickens up for the night. I've been reaching into the nesting boxes for the past couple weeks ever since they started showing interest in the nesting boxes, Rusty started mating the hens again and their faces, combs and wattles were getting really red. [​IMG] I shrieked with delight when I found the egg. I can't remember the last time I had eggs from my own chickens. [​IMG] About 3 hens and my 4 pullets are very interested in the nesting boxes and Rusty has paying the most attention to them. (Rusty is my Rhode Island Red Rooster)

I'm going to wait until I have at least 6 hens laying before I start selling eggs again. But I'm just SO eggcited. [​IMG]

2. Miss Sebright

Miss Sebright Little Hen.....Big Attitude!

Apr 3, 2009
    In a nutshell
    Congrats! [​IMG]

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Glad you are getting eggs again!

4. Crittercrzy

Crittercrzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    NE Tennessee
    Congrats..isn't it funny how excited we get over an egg!!!

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Those little gifts almost make it like Christmas and Easter every day. ah, the miracle of life.

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    [​IMG]

7. solarquail

solarquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    Quote:Yea. [​IMG] i got my first (of the year) EE egg yesterday and i was so eggcited since they stopped laying for the winter

8. 25bengood2me

25bengood2me Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2009
    Ohio ~ Mid-Ohio Valley
    :)Congrats! My husband says our hen must think I'm stealing her eggs to hatch them in the house. ~ she runs to our back door as fast as I get in there.She waits beside that door all afternoon!

9. FlockMama

FlockMama ChickyBawkyChickChick

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    Yaaaaay!!!!! [​IMG]

10. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Actually it's been my Red Sexlink hen Penny who started laying the other day.

I got 2 eggs today. [​IMG] One from Penny and I'm pretty sure from my favorite RIR pullet Reggina. [​IMG] I bet by March I'll have at least 6 to 7 of my chickens laying. Maybe even more.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by