Finally..

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sara, Jan 27, 2008.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

After at least a month of no eggs one of my EE pullets finally laid her first egg today. It's a beautiful greenish blue color, and pretty good sized for a first egg. She must have heard me tell DH I was going to get rid of all the pullets in her pen since they aren't laying to make space for the new chickens I bought. She just earned a spot to stay! [​IMG] I'm so happy to have an egg to eat. I've had to buy them for the last two times I went to the store.

2. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    [​IMG]

I seriously think chickens understand us...[​IMG]

3. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    lol that's funny.
    When I was leaving the house my BR and my EE (my EE is older and already lays) were in the yard, coming towards me. I yell "LENORE! GO LAY AN EGG!" (Lenore is my BR). Sure enough, when I got home, there was a brown egg waiting for me. [​IMG]

4. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    I seriously think chickens understand us...

I think you are right and I believe they try to communicate with us.

My Polish mix, the only layer so far, calls to me to come out when she lays her eggs. I thought it was just a coincidence but it happens every time. And she keeps it up till I collect that egg.
    As soon as I show up she is quiet again, she even runs into the coop and watches me take them. It is like she is telling me that she gave me a gift. Gotta love 'em

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by