finally!!!!~!

n2h20

Songster
11 Years
May 7, 2008
Pasadena Ca
so i woke up and heard one of my birds making a loud screech several times,,, i thought this must be the day.,,
so i went out and sure enough my RIR is sitting in the box acting weird.
i gave her some space and came back about an hour later,, sure enough there is a little brown egg.
she is still sitting in the nest box looking at the egg and golf ball. she is moving both around.
Should i let her sit in there for awhile or remove her and the egg?

thanks...

Yippee! Congrats on that egg. I would remove the egg so she doesn't try to peck it and end up finding out it's a yummy treat. Once a hen starts to eat eggs, it's really hard to break them of that terrible habit. That's why it's a good idea to collect eggs as often as you can during the day.

thanks for your advice. i went back out there after posting and she was already over it..... out in the yard with the rest of the ladies.,,, maybe tomorrow i will have another and can have eggs and bacon for breakfast.....

Congrats on your first egg!
yippiechickie.gif

Congrats on your first egg! Did you take a picture? If so, please post it in the stickied thread of fist egg pics for us all to see!
smile.png

Congratulations on your first egg. It's so eggciting!!! RIR's aren't noted for being broody. I have 18 and when they lay some cackle like crazy. They have a nest box that all perfer. Some will stand outside and cackle very loudly, like telling the one in it to "Hurry up and get out!!! It's my turn." Some times I find more than one bird at a time in the box.
jumpy.gif
idunno.gif
hu.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom