Finaly caught **Graphic pictures!**

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by krapnet, Sep 10, 2013.

1. krapnet

krapnet Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2013
    My theory was when I had my 2 week old, old flock where 6/7 where eaten alive from inside and have seem to be nibbled on while alive during the night where mice. That's because the only animal that can get in to the coop was a mouse. so I decide to run to the dollar store and found a set of 4 decent quality mouse traps. after 3 days of failing, one finally snapped.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Congrats on finally catching that blasted mouse, they can be one heck of a nuisance. Am I understanding you correctly, that you had mice kill two week old chicks?

3. Tara80

Tara80 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2012
    Oh wow, that's crazy and sad! How fearful those poor little ones must have been to have mice chew on them in the middle of the night.

4. nab58

nab58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    CT
    Someone told my husband a story about how their chickens were eaten from the inside out while roosting. I didn't believe the story when I was told. Would a chicken not go nuts when it gets bitten? When asleep, would it just allow something to eat it alive?
    My husband's friend said a raccoon did it to their chickens, not mice. Either way, it's horrifying!

5. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    Payback is coming!

When those chicks get bigger, they will eat the mice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by