Finch Thread—Discuss and Show Off Your Birds

Finch temperaments are really hard to predict. I was not sure how this group would work out, but they are doing well. Zebra finch are often very territorial and not the best for mixed flocks. Having just one, he seems to stay well behaved so his friends dont exclude him. I wouldn't add another zebra finch to this group.

They live with two doves as well, who dont bother anyone.
That's been my experience as well. My zebras squabble quite a bit, I wouldn't want to put in a single pair of a different type of finch.
I saw some rock doves for sale the other day. They were neat looking fellows.

Awwww, my very favorite finch!!! I have raised some too, but experienced challenges…. :-(
Me too. I won't be getting Gouldians again until I have a temperature controlled room specifically for them. The environment that they like and the environment that I like are rather different.
How talented you are! I did some pencil sketches for some friends' aviaries. I also offered them as an incentive to get people to fill out the NFSS Census.
I mainly stuck with pencil drawings for a long time. They're still my preferred type of art for most subjects.

I mainly stuck with pencil drawings for a long time. They're still my preferred type of art for most subjects.
Me too!
Me too. I won't be getting Gouldians again until I have a temperature controlled room specifically for them. The environment that they like and the environment that I like are rather different.
Mine handled temps down in the 50s.

I heated the birdroom. You can offer lamps/heat emitters too, which I've done for the parrot finches.
I keep my birds in my bedroom and I happen to like it relatively cold, lol. I turned the heat up but I don't fancy doing that again. I did recently get some ceramic heat emittors so that might be a solution.

Last edited:
1637778720719.png

Back
Top Bottom