find out what breeds make up your furry fido here

haha im only just posting for fun to see what others see or if they see anything that i saw in them too.

i think your dog is maybe a lab/hound mix?
hu.gif
Close.

YES! Her mom was 100% Redbone Coonhound and her dad was half Redbone, half Cur. So She is 75% Redbone & 25% Cur, of course a Cur is usually a mixed breed hunting dog around here and not a actual Blackmouth Cur lol.
Never seen a Redbone before - nice animal! I just looked 'em up, seems they have some Bloodhound in the background of the breed . . . . it shows, doesn't it?

YES! Her mom was 100% Redbone Coonhound and her dad was half Redbone, half Cur. So She is 75% Redbone & 25% Cur, of course a Cur is usually a mixed breed hunting dog around here and not a actual Blackmouth Cur lol.

Just looking at her head, it looks a little like a beagle's head and ears....much too narrow and blunt nosed to be a Lab and the ears really look Beaglish. Maybe that cur had a little beagle in the background?

She is probably the most pleasant dog I've cared for. Her bark isn't as deep as a typical coonhound, I suppose it is because of the cur in her.
Never seen a Redbone before - nice animal! I just looked 'em up, seems they have some Bloodhound in the background of the breed . . . . it shows, doesn't it?

Just looking at her head, it looks a little like a beagle's head and ears....much too narrow and blunt nosed to be a Lab and the ears really look Beaglish. Maybe that cur had a little beagle in the background?

All the curs that I have seen have that narrowish face and smaller ears. As she grew she took on more traits from her fathers side, longer hair, shorter ears and a lighter color. Absolutely could have a bit of beagle on that cur side, It is amazing that just adding a tiny bit of another breed can make such a big difference haha. She is a bit on the smaller side, she weighs around 57lbs compared to a typical redbone female being at closer to 70lbs. Another factor is that her parents were working dogs not show dogs, working hounds have more of a varied look than the shown ones.

Something a lot of the deer hunters around here run are referred to as "Beagle Hounds;" as you said, they can vary quite a bit, with the only truly consistent feature being that they are a bit on the small side.

Back
Top Bottom