Finding a new home for Roosters in the SF Bay Area - any ideas?

CJill

Hatching
9 Years
Apr 20, 2010
We have 9 chickens and 3 ducks that we hatched from eggs. They are now getting to the age where we can actually begin to identify which ones are roosters (unskilled here - so needed to wait two months for the crowing to be sure - have identified 2 so far, and they were NOT the ones we thought would be roosters). In our neighborhood in Menlo Park, CA roosters are not okay, so I need to find homes for them - and was wondering if anyone has suggestions. I tried Hidden Villa, no luck - they can't integrate new birds into their flock. Will also try HMB Feed and Fuel, where we got some of the eggs for incubation, but since these are no longer fluffy little cute chicks, I'm not sure..... The kids would like their pets to find a loving home, but we need to be pragmatic.
sad.png

I bought 8 Rhode Island chicks and 4 turned out to be roosters. They are now 20 weeks old. We decided to re-home them and I put an ad on CraigsList yesterday. I have had more calls than I have roosters in just 24 hours. I know I cannot guarantee that they won't be someone's dinner, we did not give them to anyone who admitted they had dinner plans, but that was my solution.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom