Finding Buyers?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by team_realtree, Jan 25, 2010.

1. team_realtree

team_realtree Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    I know a lot of people on here sell there eggs and I was just wondering how you found buyers? I am not in a very rural area just on the outskirts of a decent sized city.

2. chaneg78

chaneg78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Hudson IN
    A lot of people list them on Craigslist. Others are able to sell all they have to there co-workers

3. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    I live in a rural area just outside a city. We produce eggs for our organic co-op. 1200-1300 dozen a week. I can't send any eggs larger than jumbo to the egg processing plant, so we sell the super jumbos on the side. Right now we are getting 60-70 dozen a week of super jumbos and are still managing to sell them all. I put a sign in the front yard and have sold a lot to the neighbors and people passing by. I have developed a base of regular customers that way. A few of my relatives will stop by for 8 or 10 dozen at a time and sell to their co-workers. If I really have a glut of eggs I take them to the tavern and sell them, or sell them to the owner of the Asian market. If we still have eggs then my wife will just stop by random businesses (the bank, business offices, Mac Tools, wherever...) and ask people if they want any eggs. In December we sold close to 300 dozen that way. If all else fails we give any extras to the local food pantry.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Word of mouth.

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    buy a golden feather membership and sell them here in the auctions. You can run ten auctions a month or something like that with a GFM.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by