Finding ordinance

This is how your county defines livestock
Livestock includes all domestic or domesticated: bovine animals, equine animals, ovine animals, porcine animals, cervidae animals, capradae animals, animals of the genus lama, ratites, enclosed domesticated rabbits or hares raised for food or fiber, or any other individual animal specifically raised for food or fiber, except companion animals as defined in § 3-2.6500, Code of Virginia.

So chicken good and goats are a no. Sorry I’m asking so many questions but this is very confusing for me. I know the rules for Spotsylvania altogether used to be no chickens under 5 acres at all but into thousand 14 they changed the rules to where you have to be 10 feet off the property line and 35 feet from another home. But some districts adapted to it and some didn’t. But sorry I’m asking so many questions but this is very confusing for me. I know the rules for Spotsylvania altogether used to be no chickens under 5 acres at all but into thousand 14 they changed the rules to where you have to be 10 feet off a property line and 35 feet from another home. But some districts adapted to it and some didn’t. But Some of the more populated areas adapted to it I’m just trying to figure out who did and didn’t. And my friend was trying to find the same information for her county and I was wanting to help her peace through the puzzle to

This is how your county defines livestock
Livestock includes all domestic or domesticated: bovine animals, equine animals, ovine animals, porcine animals, cervidae animals, capradae animals, animals of the genus lama, ratites, enclosed domesticated rabbits or hares raised for food or fiber, or any other individual animal specifically raised for food or fiber, except companion animals as defined in § 3-2.6500, Code of Virginia.
Thank you for being so patient and helpful

Back
Top Bottom